Interested in socialising in the beautiful environment of the Botanic Gardens?
Social events are organised throughout the year by the Friends Social Events Committee. Our aim is to provide a pleasant forum for Friends to meet and socialise, and to promote community awareness of the beauty and significance of the Gardens.
Funds raised at these events are used to support projects such as the recently installed rainforest lighting, which enhance the enjoyment of visitors, and support the scientific and research work of the Gardens.
Some events to look forward to are:
- Summer Sounds outdoor music program on Saturday and Sunday evenings in January. This annual event provides a great opportunity to enjoy the wonderful summer evening ambience of the Australian National Botanic Gardens. Details of the program for January 2014 will be on this website late in 2013.
- Annual Twilight Dinner – Thursday 20 February 2014. Details will be on this website and in Fronds in late 2013.
- Viewing of works from the Banks Florilegium, National Library of Australia – 19 March 2014. Details will be on this website and in Fronds in late 2013.
Our recent social events included:
- Tour of the Brindabella Ranges in October, focusing on recovery from the 2003 bushfires
- The very popular Breakfast with the Birds program in September and October
- Visit to Parliament House Gardens in May
- Family Picnic Day in the Botanic Gardens in April
- Centenary Twilight Dinner at Floresco Cafe in February.