Our Friends find membership extremely satisfying and personally rewarding, as we continue to support the conservation, educational and recreational work of the Gardens.
As a member of the Friends, you are entitled to:
- Fronds newsletter – 3 issues a year
- Free parking pass: since 1 January 2015, Friends' parking passes have allowed up to 3 hours free parking per day. Members engaged in Friends' volunteer activities are issued with a special pass to allow unlimited parking during that time. Other members may apply to the Friends for special day passes when they have a genuine reason to stay for longer than 3 hours. Details of these special passes was provided in the December 2014 issue of Fronds and on this website.
- Advance notice of talks, field trips and social events
- Relax in the Friends Lounge at the Gardens, open daily with free tea/coffee, reference books and lots of interesting reading
- Advance bookings for some events
- Discounts on some events
- ANBG library membership – borrow books, serials, videos, and DVDs; use the computers and interactive CD-ROMs
- Function facilities – special rates for functions at the ANBG
- Botanical Bookshop – 10% discount on purchases over $10
- Discount at the Gardens Café
- Discount at Jindii Eco Spa in the Botanic Gardens.
You also have the opportunity to join in our many activities.
Join the Growing Friends or our art and photography special-interest groups, assist with research projects, become a Guide, help with events, contribute to Fronds or on the Friends Council... and more.
You’ll find us an informal bunch of like-minded nature lovers!